The uneven skin tone on face or uneven skin texture on face is one of the greatest skin concerns! We all admire smooth skin, or “glass-like” skin but bumps, enlarged pores, rough patches—anything that makes your skin seem less smooth and luminous— makes ti harder to reach our skincare goals. If you have any of the issues listed above, you may also notice some discoloration, hyperpigmentation, or redness. All of these factors contribute to uneven skin texture on face and uneven skin tone on face. Whether it's a modest darkening around the cheeks or lips from exposure to the sun or extremely pigmented splashes on the skin caused by a medical ailment or disease, most people have uneven skin tone or uneven skin texture to some degree. Uneven skin texture with dry, scaly, or rough skin in patches is another commonly cited symptom of patients, which can be caused by a variety of factors.
What Uneven Skin Looks Like?
Uneven skin texture on face or uneven skin tone on face stems from an array of skin conditions. Following are the most common causes of uneven skin texture-
Causes Of Uneven Skin
- Acne spots
- Zits, bumps
- Open pores
- Dryness and Flakiness
Because uneven skin tone on face or uneven skin texture on face is a result of various reasons, the causes also vary-
Treatment Of Mild, Moderate & Severe Uneven Skin
- Excess dead skin cells that accumulate on the skin’s surface are a typical cause of uneven skin texture. This can make patches of the skin feel rough or bumpy to the touch, giving a dull appearance to the skin.
- Chronic sun exposure, in addition to dead skin cell accumulation, can contribute to uneven skin texture and pore size irregularity.
- The natural aging of the skin also results in uneven skin texture, thanks to wrinkles.
- Smoking is a major contributor and so is an unhealthy diet high on oily and greasy food.
- Skin disorders including eczema and dry skin can have a significant impact on skin tone and texture as well.
- Poor skin hygiene could give rise to frequent acne outbreaks.
- The use of harsh chemicals or scrubs can hurt the skin, giving it an uneven texture.
- You can genetically be born with uneven skin.
- Allergic reactions could give you an uneven texture, although this is temporary.
You might see visible improvement in your uneven skin tone or texture in case of mild or moderate uneven skin tone on the face or uneven skin texture on the face by using the over-the-counter topical medication. Following are some popular OTC treatments to fix uneven skin tone and uneven skin texture-
Products containing hyaluronic acid, polyglutamic acid or glycerin- These all are different types of sugar that attract and hold water molecules. It aids in the reduction of wrinkle depth, the improvement of skin firmness, and the reduction of skin roughness.
Peptides- Peptides are found in living creatures in their natural state. Certain peptides have been demonstrated to improve skin texture by stimulating collagen formation.
Retinol- It aids skin maintenance by promoting the formation of collagen and elastin proteins. Many skincare treatments, including anti-aging and even skin tone creams, contain Retinol as a chief ingredient.
Skin acids- Skin acids such as Vitamin C, lactic acid, glycolic acid, salicylic acid, kojic acid, etc are all very effective in treating spots and scars. They can also help with acne and provide skin with a natural glow.
Severe uneven skin tone or grainy skin texture on face might not show any improvement with OTC treatment. Some popular cosmetic and surgical procedures used to fix uneven skin are-
Prevention, Habits & Management Tips
Dermaplaning – This procedure includes scraping the top layer of dead cells off the skin with a medical-grade scalpel to enhance skin texture that has been impacted by aging and acne.
Chemical Peels – Professional-grade chemical peels contain more active ingredients than store-bought peels. They give a greater concentration of the active ingredient to aid in the removal of dead skin cells from the surface of the skin.
Microdermabrasion – Microdermabrasion is a type of physical exfoliation that includes buffing away the top layer of skin using specific equipment to reveal the smoother, younger-looking skin beneath.
Laser Resurfacing – Laser resurfacing treatments promote collagen formation and enhance skin tone and texture over time using a range of ablative and non-ablative approaches.
Microneedling – This therapy involves creating minute punctures in the skin with a roller coated with tiny needles. The skin produces more collagen as a result of these micro-injuries, resulting in a plumper and smoother texture.
Deconstruct's Range Of Products for Uneven Skin
- Good skin begins with good care. A proper, non-negotiable skincare routine is a must. It doesn’t have to be extensive but it is necessary.
- Sun protection is fundamental when talking about good skin. UV exposure could age the skin, give you wrinkles, sun spots, or even skin cancer! Always wear your sunscreen!
- A healthy balanced diet, adequate water and proper sleep are other prerequisites to good skin.
- Never pop zits! This could lead to permanent scarring or even increase inflammation.
- Don’t use harsh chemicals on your skin.
- Don’t use products that make your skin dry. And if you do use them, layer them up with moisturizing products.
- Avoid using products containing ammonia, sulfates and alcohols.
- Don’t use dirty towels on your face and don’t sleep on dirty pillow covers or bedsheets.
Deconstruct Retinol and Peptide Serum– Deconstruct Retinol and Peptide Serum has 0.2% Retinol and 5% Peptide that increase the cell turnover rate and rejuvenates damaged skin. This serum also helps in tackling acne, dark spots, and pigmentation thus giving even-toned skin.
Deconstruct Hydrating serum with 2% Hyaluronic Acid + 1% Niacinamide– This unique serum combines two of the best ingredients for dry skin. With 2% Hyaluronic Acid and 1% Niacinamide, the serum has a mild formula that will be well tolerated by all skin types alike. It hydrates while repairing the skin barrier.
Deconstruct Vitamin C serum with 10% Vitamin C + 0.5% Ferulic Acid – If you’re in the market for a Vitamin C serum, what better than one with Ferulic Acid. Ferulic Acid and Vitamin C create an excellent duo where the Vitamin C brightens the skin, provides protection against photodamage and the Ferulic Acid stabilizes the formulation and boosts the efficacy of Vitamin C.
Deconstruct Brightening Moisturizer with 5% Niacinamide + 1% Kojic Acid – It is a one-of-a-kind moisturizer that combines three brightening ingredients in one formula. With a combination of 5% Niacinamide, 1% Kojic Acid and 5% Vitamin C, this power-packed formula provides intense brightening.
There’s no escaping the fact that your skin will alter over time. Though you can’t turn back the clock on aging, you may take efforts to keep your skin looking soft and youthful. It’s difficult to identify precisely what’s causing the grainy skin texture on face because there are so many potential causes, such as acne scars, UV damage, and aging. While light chemical exfoliation and good sun protection may help, the only way to fully know what’s wrong is to have a complete assessment and diagnosis, so make an appointment with your dermatologist
How to fix my skin texture?
There are various reasons why your skin texture is uneven and hence there is no one solution. You need to find the issue and treat it accordingly but for starters proper cleansing, exfoliation and hydration are necessary.
- Which sunscreen should I buy to protect my skin?
Any high-quality sunscreen with over SPF 30 is a good option.
- What is the best way to cure uneven skin?
There is no one size fits all for skincare. Uneven skin could be a result of various reasons, so it’s important to find the specific skin issue first before jumping to the treatment.