What is Potassium Azeloyl Diglycenate?
- Potassium azeloyl glycinate or PAD is a derivative of azelaic acid and an amino acid called 'glycine.'
- Azelaic acid is already well-known for its brightening and anti-inflammatory effects. However, it is not soluble in oil or water making it difficult to formulate with azelaic acid.
- Enter PAD! Due to the conjugation with hydrating glycine, PAD is well-suited for oily skin and works well to prevent acne, pigmentation, and rosacea!
Why do we use PAD?
- It controls acne- Potassium Azeloyl Diglycinate (PAD) is a proven ingredient, for both avoiding acne as well as subsiding live acne by inhibiting the growth of live acne.
- It treats acne marks- PAD helps heal the appearance of active blemishes and post-acne marks by inhibiting melanin production.
- It is gentle on dry skin with acne- Being a water-soluble derivative of azelaic acid, PAD comes with hydrating abilities and helps reduce any discomfort associated with dry skin or redness. Its antioxidants help in skin exfoliation and skin soothing thus making it gentle to the skin and suitable for all skin types.
- It treats melasma- PAD is a clinically proven treatment of melasma and reduces black patches.
How often should we use it?
Being very water-soluble along with the lovely properties of azelaic acid, PAD can be used every day, twice or thrice for treating acne marks,
Does your skin need it?
You can consider adding PAD to your routine if you have
- Acne-prone & Oily skin
- dealing with PIH ie post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation.
However, this may not work as a sole ingredient if you have active acne or severe rosacea/pigmentation - please visit your dermatologist for the same.