Although getting completely flawless, glass-like skin is impossible but improving your overall skin texture to make it glow is possible with proper care. Your skin health is reflective of your overall body health and therefore you can’t overlook proper nutrition, diet and sleep. But skin, being the largest organ of the human body, might need more than this, and here’s where a good skincare routine makes an appearance! A small, manageable skincare routine that can be followed twice a day and suits the needs of your skin is essential in a time when pollution and UV damage is at their peak. Here’s deconstruct’s guide on daily skincare routine for glowing skin!
Do's For Glowing Skin
Don'ts For Glowing Skin
- Make sure to cleanse your face in the morning and at night.
- Always wash and moisturize your face after exercise or after coming home from a tiring day to clear off the accumulated dirt, sweat and oil.
- Keep your skin hydrated by applying high-quality moisturizers.
- Always wear a high-quality sunscreen over SPF 30 to keep yourself safe from the damaging effects of UV rays.
- Determine your skin type to better understand its needs. (There are roughly six skin types- Sensitive skin may sting or burn after product use; Normal skin is clear and not sensitive; Dry skin is flaky, itchy or rough; Oily skin is shiny and greasy; Combination skin is dry in some areas and oily in others)
- Change your pillow covers and bed sheets frequently.
- Notice the changes in the texture of your skin.
- Keep separate towels to wipe your face and the rest of your body.
- Eat a balanced diet and drink an adequate amount of water.
- Exercise at least 3 times a day.
- Get sufficient sleep.
- Always do a patch test before applying any new skincare or makeup products.
- Use only good-quality makeup and always remove your makeup before going to bed.
Daily Skincare Routine For Glowing Skin
- Avoid over-exfoliation.
- Don’t skip cleansing and moisturizing your skin before bedtime and before starting your day.
- Don’t use the same hair washing products to wash your face.
- Avoid using harsh chemicals or scrubs containing hard particles (like apricots) on your skin.
- Products that contain Sulfates like sodium laureth sulfate and sodium lauryl sulfate should be avoided.
- Stay away from products that contain mineral oils and ammonia derivatives.
- Avoid any products that make your skin dry and flaky.
- Avoid using the same towel on your face that you wipe the rest of your body with.
- Avoid eating oily or greasy food.
- Avoid touching your face without first washing your hands.
- Don’t smoke and lower your alcohol consumption.
- Reduce stressing yourself.
- Limit sun exposure and never leave the house without wearing good quality sunscreen.
When it comes to skincare routine for glowing skin, there is no one-size-fits-all approach. Here’s our guide on daily skincare routine for glowing skin-
Daytime skincare routine for glowing skin-
Nighttime skincare routine for glowing skin-
Cleansing: Use a mild sulfate-free cleanser to wash your skin. Sulfate-free cleansers are gentle on your skin and effectively remove any extra oil or filth that has accumulated in your pores.
Toning: Alcohol-based toners should be avoided. These products are not only rough on your skin, but they also dehydrate it, causing it to become dry. Instead, opt for toners that contain natural components like rosewater and moisturizing compounds like hyaluronic acid.
Moisturizing: To offer deep nourishment to your skin, use a moisturizer with a high hydrating capacity.
Sunscreen: UV rays can irreparably damage your skin, a high-quality sunscreen is a necessary requirement. It also saves you from skin cancer and premature aging of the skin.
Cleansing: Cleansing your face with a gentle exfoliator is important to get rid of all the sweat, dirt and oil that has accumulated throughout the day.
- Toning: Again, toning can take your night skin care routine for glowing skin to the next level.
Serum: A serum can provide an extra glow to your skin. Determine your skin type and choose ingredients that best cater to your skin condition.
Eye-cream: The skin near our eyes is very thin and hence a good quality eye cream could prevent dark circles and even hydrate your eyes.
Moisturizing: The glowing skin mantra is incomplete without proper moisturizing. Hydration is the key to healthy skin!
Never forget to include your lips. They need care as well!
Impact Of Diet, Sleep & Exercise On Skin
Maintaining a regular daily skincare routine for glowing skin is extremely important. However, without treating your inside you can never achieve glowing skin. A proper diet, enough sleep, and regular exercise are the basis of good skin health.
Deconstruct's Products For Glowing Skin
- A blemish-free, smooth, and glowing complexion may be achieved with a nutritious, well-balanced diet. Consume antioxidant-rich fruits and vegetables, healthy fats like nuts, and other nutritious foods rich in beta carotene, vitamins C and E, zinc, and selenium to renew your skin. Furthermore, eliminating dairy products and restricting sugar consumption has been shown to considerably improve skin texture. For good skin, oily and fatty foods should be taken in moderation or not at all.
- Adequate sleep is essential for glowing, healthy skin. While you sleep, your skin begins to mend and restore. During this time, your body develops new skin cells and improves blood flow. Acne and dark circles can be exacerbated by a lack of sleep. However, it isn’t all. Cortisol levels are raised when you don’t get enough sleep, which causes your sebaceous glands to generate more oil. A good night’s sleep of 7 to 9 hours is recommended for clean, radiant skin.
- You will have healthy, beautiful skin if you exercise often. It protects your skin from aging and other problems by strengthening it. Exercise increases blood flow, eliminates toxins, provides necessary nutrients to the skin, and promotes collagen synthesis. Working exercise may also help you relax, which is good for your overall health.
Deconstruct Brightening Moisturizer with 5% Niacinamide + 1% Kojic Acid This moisturizer with a unique formulation combines two potent ingredients to deliver instant results for the skin. Niacinamide protects the skin from damage while Kojic Acid acts as a tyrosinase inhibitor and tackles hyperpigmentation.
Deconstruct NMF Hydrating Moisturizer– NMF skin cream is a lightweight daily gel moisturizer that hydrates, nourishes and calms skin. Enriched with Natural Moisturizing Factor Complex (NMF) that mimics the skin’s natural NMF, helps to maintain adequate hydration in the barrier, without giving the oily feel and strengthens the skin barrier.
Having amazing genes isn’t the only factor in having healthy and radiant skin. Your regular skincare regimen and lifestyle behaviors have a significant influence on the health and look of your skin. And establishing a fantastic skincare regimen does not begin with purchasing the greatest products available. Understanding your skin, knowing how to care for and protect it, and satisfying its needs are the first steps.
- What are the basic steps of skincare?
Cleansing, toning, and moisturizing are the most basic skincare steps.
- How many hours should I sleep for glowing skin?
7 to 9 hours of proper sleep is recommended for healthy and glowing skin.
- Which skincare products to avoid?
Products containing sulfates, mineral oils, and alcohol should be avoided.